My 2017 Planner Overview Part 1
My journey to finding planner peace has been a long and circuitous one. Have I reached planner nirvana? I’m not sure, but I think 2017 should be close. Check back in a few months to see how it’s going.
But, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. First, let me give you a brief overview of my 2017 planner setup. I’ll post more detailed blogs on the three (yes, three!) main planners in the next few days. If we’re lucky, at some point soon I may even do a setup video. 🙂
This past year, I’d been using the Erin Condren Life Planner (ECLP) and quite enjoyed it for the most part. However, I really wanted to try a binder system as there were many custom inserts I saw on Etsy, in a planner group or wanted to create myself that would not work in that format. I spent hours outlining what I needed in order to achieve maximum productivity. So, 2017 will be the year of the binder!
I’ll be using three main planners with three (or more) minor ones for now. Each has a distinct purpose and if I utilize them correctly, this setup should keep me happy. I may add, adjust or subtract items as time goes on, but that’s the joy of a binder or disc planner. You can make changes whenever you like.
Here’s a quick overview of my planner setup for 2017:
- A5 Original Filofax Deep Teal – This will be the main workhorse for the year, housing calendars by week and by month.
- Louis Vuitton Monogram MM Agenda – This sweet baby will keep notes and ideas well organized until I want to use them.
- A5 Original Filofax Nude Patent – I’ll be trying my version of the 43 folder GTD system this year. Mine is actually 55, but who’s counting?
- Personal Filofax Purple Patent – I’m keeping this handy to use for specific project plans.
- Personal Punctuate Planner from Barnes & Noble – This will be a list holder.
- Mini Binder – I think I’ve finally found a way to organize my stickers!
As I’d never used a binder system before, the Filofaxes and LV were purchased preloved. They’re all in fantastic condition and I was very grateful to save some money!
I’ll do individual blog posts on the first three, and a combined post for the last three. If I add any more, I’ll let you know!
Thanks for reading and I hope that something I’ve utilized in my planner setup will help you to find planner peace.